Terms and Conditions
Take It On for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month – Terms and Conditions
The following rules and conditions of entry (the “Rules”) relate to ‘Take It On for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month’ (the “Event”) organised by Pancreatic Cancer UK (“PCUK”).
Conditions of entry
- Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. Participants may also pay in fundraising monies or donations by:
- calling the supporter care team on 020 3535 7090 with credit or debit card details to make a payment over the phone; or
- sending a cheque made payable to “Pancreatic Cancer UK” stating your full name and referencing the Event.
All participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all fundraising monies/donations received in connection with the Event are paid to PCUK as soon as possible after the Event. Fundraising monies/donations which are raised offline must be paid by no later than 31 December 2021, attached to a sponsorship form which can be downloaded at www.pancreaticcancer.org.uk/sponsorshipform. PCUK must receive the full amount of sponsorship money donated to you. Money received in sponsorship for the Event should not be used to cover the cost of travel to/from the Event, or equipment/clothing for the Event.
- Should you decide to withdraw from the Event, all sponsor forms and sponsor money collected must be forwarded to PCUK or, following a request from the sponsors, returned to the sponsors to the extent reasonably possible. You will contact PCUK immediately if you need to withdraw from the challenge.
- Participants aged under 16 must provide contact details of their parent or legal guardian, and must receive permission from that parent or guardian to receive communication from PCUK about this challenge.
- Any personal information you share on your fundraising page, or any other data sharing platform [such as Strava], is at your own risk. Please make sure you update and manage your own privacy settings as you see fit.
HEALTH & SAFETY AND MEDICAL
- If doing a physical challenge, by signing up to the Event, you confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health and fitness is good and that you are healthy and fit (physically and medically) enough to enter and complete the Event. You acknowledge that you are taking part in this challenge at your own risk. You accept that, should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect your ability to compete, you shall withdraw from the Event in accordance with these conditions
- Participants enter the Event at their own risk. PCUK shall not be liable for any injury or loss to persons or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in or attendance of the Event, other than in respect of any injury or loss arising as a result of our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Rules shall operate to exclude or limit any liability which cannot legally be excluded or limited. Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the Event. Anyone unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Event must seek medical advice from their doctor prior to the Event.
- We reserve the right to ask you to withdraw during the Event if we have concerns about your ability to complete the course due to fitness, injury or otherwise. If you choose to continue you do so against the advice of the events team and therefore absolve the events team of any responsibility going forward.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are wearing appropriate attire (including footwear) and in possession of the appropriate protections when taking part in the Event, taking into account the nature of the Event, the weather forecast and the terrain involved.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that they adhere to government guidelines surrounding Covid-19 restrictions. For the latest updates please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus. If you have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been hospitalised due to Covid-19, you should undergo health screening with a qualified medical professional prior to taking part in the Event to determine whether you are in a good state of health and fitness to participate in the Event.