My Activity Tracking
My target 0 miles
I am Taking It On this November
November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month and I am Taking It On.
My absolute belter of a maw has recently been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. I’ll be honest, I knew very little about it until that point and I’m still learning right now.
The stats and figures around Pancreatic Cancer are frightening and it’s unacceptable to me how underfunded the research and treatment is - particularly in the UK.
Now, let’s also add in the fact that Covid has the potential to stop potentially life saving surgeries. We were lucky enough that my mum was eligible and has undergone surgery but, she’s one of only 20% of people who are eligible. That leaves 80% of patients who don’t have this opportunity. This gives my mum a huge head start against the illness but, for most - the odds are not in their favour.
It’s all about an early diagnosis!
The fact is, most people in their lifetime will be touched by cancer in some way or another.
SO, for the month of November, I’ll be taking suggestions on social media for absolutely daft things I can do to raise money. I’ll stick them all in a jar and each day, I’ll have my mum pick one out and I’ll film myself doing it.
If you’ve ever wanted me to make an arse of myself - this is your opportunity!
Please support me and my fundraising. Together we can make a difference and fund world-leading research to find that breakthrough in new treatments and improve the speed of diagnosis.
Pancreatic cancer is tough but together, we’ll Take It On.
Reached 100% of goal
Reached 50% of goal
£1000 target reached!Thank you to each and every one of you who has donated and made suggestions so far. I can’t even begin to tell you how much this means 💜
Target smashed in less than 48 hours!!Hi everyone :)
Thank you to my Supporters
Pat And Ray
Geraldine & Laurie Humphrys
Nick And Dave
Lucy Barclay And Mark Grubb
Mellissa & Callum